Friday, January 5, 2018

An Old Runner Reflects On What Is To Come

Forgive me for "waxing poetic" again but I do that from time to time. Although in great health, as you get older you occasionally give some thought on how it will all end. Then, you think of how you would like it to end. Hey, running has and is my life, I've been running for years after my Ortho doc told me to quit and I'm doing just fine. Those who love to run will be able to relate to this.


No slow decline or painful fade to black for me.
No, I want a night before filled with trading stories and drinking beer with my friends,
Followed by a morning after run along an old forest trail under a misty overcast sky.
Let me feel that effortless glide as I go that only comes but once in a great while.
Just give me an hour, no make that two, as I cruise on down that increasingly dark trail
That will suddenly turn to light.



1 comment:

  1. I'm sure many of you will know that "effortless glide" I am referring to.

    ReplyDelete