Saturday, February 15, 2020

Cerutty's Talking Attitude Here

I'll have Part 2 of yesterday's article up tomorrow. I came across this quote from Percy's often overlooked book--Middle Distance Running.
It reinforces something that comes up often in the words and works of the greats in athletics and elsewhere. The power of one's attitude in effecting a positive outcome.
Personally speaking I had been skeptical of this for ages, probably because I had read lots of quotes that were more like new-age platitudes than something based in reality.
The following I have found to be true and have read pretty much the same thing by other people I respect. Consider thoughtfully:
"Improvement is not merely deciding to carry out a certain curriculum (schedule) of exercises. What determines the good and bad in such curricula are your attitude towards them."


For me, this means taking a moment before a workout and thinking about what I hope to accomplish and how it will work towards achieving my goal(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment