Saturday, December 28, 2019

Origins, Pt.1--Walk the Talk of What You Believe

 In 1988 a friend (Greg Walters) gave me a sheet he had with a picture Of Cerutty and a brief outline of his teachings. I was instantly drawn to what it said and I began buying all the Cerutty's books I could.
I formed a running group called The Stotans and began running the trails in our area near Buffalo, N.Y.
We trained and raced on the Finger Lakes Trail system around the Ithaca, Virgil, Dryden area of N.Y.
 I then started The Stotan News, a Cerutty based newsletter.
 I eventually moved to the Atlantic coast of North Carolina to fully live the Stotan life.
Sound extreme? You mean packing up everything and just leaving with very  little  money? Yeah--it was extreme.
To me--Cerutty was more than just a coach, he was a teacher and a philosopher who knew what was truly important in life--- a healthy, vibrant, body and mind.
 PMA Books has recently published 3 of Percy's classic books--Middle Distance Running, Be Fit! Or Be Damned!, Athletics: How To Become A Champion) and they are available online at their site or on Amazon. It is so great that they have done this.
If anyone is interested, I have a Cerutty Facebook page called Stotans United, check it out.
My blog here, livingthestotanlife.com, is all Cerutty and Cerutty based content--it is unlike any running/fitness site  you will see.

2 comments: