Monday, April 1, 2019

Take The Cerutty/Stotan Challenge

I got the idea for this challenge from the great bio on Cerutty called, Why Die? The Extraordinary Percy Cerutty Maker of Champions by Graem Sims.
I quote: "It had become his annual test to run a mile each birthday, on January 10. In 1965, on his seventieth, he had completed the distance in 6 minutes, 36 seconds. It became his plan to run under seven minutes throughout his seventies, then under eight during his eighties. In 1967, at 72, his time was 6:56."
We know that  challenging yourself is essential for those of us who seek excellence.
 I like this one and plan on doing it, but, I don't know if I'll be hitting 6:36 this August 21 when I turn 70 (a very young seventy I may add thanks to a life of running).
Then again, it's five months away.
Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment